Pages

Recent Posts

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Beneath the Surface

I read in my devotional today that
We should stop judging by appearances
By the way things look
Discriminating based on whatsoever criteria is
Absolutely wrong
Look beneath the surface.



You keep judging me
By the coverings you see
You can’t understand
They aren’t as real
As what is beneath the skin
You have forgotten about the person within
You can’t comprehend
The beauty underneath


You keep abusing me
Afraid of what i may be
You can’t perceive the real thing
Carried away by fear
You can’t stand me near
Cause you can’t recognise
The treasures inside

Im truly within
The splendour, oh can’t you see
The treasures that are all in me
Put in, by the Almighty!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We always want people to discover what lies underneath our mien but it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes, u have to show them. Be ready to open up and show urself to people who show interest in you..